The ITCS Systems Support Team is a dynamic team of young people who are responsible for providing critical and essential services to GOVNET users. This includes Messaging, DNS, Data Protection, Security, Internet and Directory Services.
Messaging is the creation, storage, exchange and management of text, images, voice, telex, fax, email, paging and Electronic Data Interchange over a communications network.
The team is responsible for ensuring the continuous availability of the Government Email System that includes the following components:
- Exchange Server 2003 – Server
- Outlook Web Access – Web Interface
- Microsoft Outlook – client access for Windows clients
- Evolution / Thunderbird – client access for non-Windows clients
- Spam Assassin – protect against unwanted emails (spam).
Domain Naming System (DNS)
Domain Naming System (DNS) is a hierarchical naming system for computers, services, or any resource connected to the Internet or a private network.
- Internal DNS – The team is responsible for ensuring the continuous availability of the Internal DNS which enables our customers to perform tasks such as sending emails and browsing the internet.
- External DNS – The team is also responsible for ensuring the continuous availability of the ".gov.fj” Namespace which enables any internet user to access sites that end with a ".gov.fj” suffix.
Data Protection is the relationship between collection and dissemination of data.
The team is responsible for ensuring that Government data is protected by securing the data through encryption and also ensuring backups of the data is available.
Security means protecting information and information systems from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, disruption, modification or destruction.
The team is responsible for ensuring that Government information is safe from unauthorized access by having the following technologies in place:
- Firewalls – system that is designed to block unauthorized access while allowing authorized access.
- Anti-Virus (SOPHOS) – software designed to defend your computer against malicious software.
- Patch Management (WSUS) – area of systems management that involves acquiring, testing and installing multiple patches (code changes) to an administered computer system.
Internet is a global system of interconnected computer networks.
The team is responsible for ensuring the continuous availability of global information to Government via the Internet. This includes putting in place systems that restrict the use of the internet to ensure only reliable and work related information is allowed into the GOVNET network.
The technologies put in place to ensure this are:
- Websense – content filtering
- Internet Security and Acceleration Server
Directory Services is the software that stores, organizes and provides access to information in a directory.
The team is responsible for ensuring the continuous availability of GOVNET by ensuring that Active Directory (the directory that holds all GOVNET information) is safe, secure.
Lastly but not the least, the team as the name suggests also provides support to Server Hardware and Systems Support throughout GOVNET.